Within the light of the continuation of local development unity at the Coptic Evangelical Organization for Social Services (CEOSS), seeking to achieve one of its strategic goals, which aims at improving the quality of life in order to enable and promote the Opportunities for sustenance through an equitable and sustainable development especially in areas, communities and groups such as women, youth, and disabled people and children which are most susceptible to danger. And for this purpose, the activities of the economic development are implemented as one of the development programs within the unit.
During this month, the following was accomplished:
- A professional training was implemented for a number of 92 individuals
(70 young women +22 young men ) for several kinds of professions such as the maintenance of cellular phones/maintenance of computers /ladies’ hair dresser/manufacturing of ladies’ accessories for the purpose of enabling them to engage in the labor market and start a small project that would generate income and let them live a decent life .
- The administrative proficiency was raised for a number of 85 individuals (39 young men + 64 young women) through training them on some themes such as ( secretarial works /accounting /skills for using the personal computers and that is with the aim of developing their skills and increasing the chances available for them to obtain a working opportunity.
- 74 individuals were employed (53 young men +21 young women , whether after training or through direct employment without training throughthe link between the requirements of jobs availableandthe skills of youth.
- A number of 2 awareness seminars were conducted with the aim of raising the awareness of youth with regard to the importance of freelancing with a total number of 112 individuals who attended
- A number of 4 preliminary meetings were held for the elections of committees related to the project in participation and attendance of (140) individuals among them were ( 48 males , 92 females ) The meetings started with an idea about the project and the roles played by the elected committees , their missions and responsibilities and the conditions and criteria for being nominated for membership
- Every candidate chose his own election symbol, and then every candidate declared his own election program. The elections operation was then implemented with regards to voting, sorting out and declaring the results before the attendees. The elected committees were also declared and they are (4) committees with a total number of (28) individuals among them. ( 12 males , 16 females )
- The study of defining the needs of the labor market at Ezbet El Nasr , and El Warak was finalized and that is in order to get acquainted with what are the administrative and professional exercises needed by the labor market so that the training programs would be designed according to the output of the study. That is to certify that the exercises that will be implemented would be compatible with the available working opportunities. This took place through several steps which are as follows :
- Designing the forms related to data collection.
- Preparation of the referential framework for the study and submitting it to a group of consultants who are specialized in conducting such studies.
- Contracting with the Arab office for integrated consultations and development for implementing the study.
- Choosing the youth who will carry out the process of data collection according to the defined criteria.
- Holding (4) training sessions with the youth of every association and their number is (20) young men and young women; 5 individuals from every association and training them how to use the study application, and how to manage the dialogue and communicate and how to get acquainted with the key questions which are used during the data collection operation.
- Collecting data through two types of main forms related to companies and factories. (160) forms were filled with companies and forms related to skills for a number of (1000) forms.
- Discharging forms, analyzing data and writing initial reports related to the study.
- Reviewing the initial report and sending technical remarks .
- Writing the final report for the study includes the types of professional and administrative exercises which are needed by the labor market such as maintenance of computers , maintenance of cellular phones , men’s barber and accessories , ladies’ hairdresser , sewing, hand- made works (candles , porcelain, antiques , daily life skills , writing curriculum vistas , conducting and passing of interviews as well as sales and marketing