Improved living Conditions Through Civil Society Actions
This project utilizes the human rights based approach to encourage positive social mobility for poor and marginalized Egyptians in rural and urban communities.
- 304 parents and students participated in 4 awareness raising that addressed the importance of education.
- 552 students participated in 4 human rights camps in Beni Ahmen Al Sharqiya and Abu Qerqas. These camps included athletic and artistic activities in addition to their focus on learning about human rights.
- 220 students graduated from civil education classes.
- 100 students in Abu Qerqas and Manahry started to take civil education courses.
- 166 children (75 boys and 91 girls) participated in three culture and arts competitions.
- 831 children (447 boys and 384 girls) participated in 4 environment camps.
- 208 students (137 boys and 71 girls) saw their grades improve as a result of after school tutoring programs.
- 85 community members participated in 3 training workshops about advocacy and lobbying. These community members included representatives of the Shobra protection committee, the chief of the Shobra district, representatives from the ministry of Social Solidarity, and the manager of Shobra Solidarity.