CEOSS’ eye programs seeks to provide quality eye care to the poorest and most marginalized Egyptians.The absence of public preventative care programs led CEOSS to implement preventative care education programs, eye care interventions, examinations, and medical treatment. Eye care programs prioritize preventing eye diseases that lead to blindness, as well as identifying and treating conjunctivitis.
- 274 patients received preventative eye examinations.
- 18 patients received cataracts operations to prevent blindness.
- 1 patient who was a minor received corrective surgery.
- 21 patients were identified and treated for conjunctivitis.
CEOSS’ Health Programs work to provide preventative interventions and therapeutic interventions to Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized citizens. Many programs sim to develop the capacities of local health institutions through providing equipment, resources, and training. These efforts seek to creath a sustainable long-term health care system that benefits all Egyptians.
- 120 patients received examinations from specialists including pediatricians, dermatologists, and internal medicine specialists.