CEOSS’ eye programs seeks to provide quality eye care to the poorest and most marginalized Egyptians.The absence of public preventative care programs led CEOSS to implement preventative care education programs, eye care interventions, examinations, and medical treatment. Eye care programs prioritize preventing eye diseases that lead to blindness, as well as identifying and treating conjunctivitis.
- 6796 patients received eye examinations.
- 2104 of these patients received medical treatment for identified conditions.
- 555 patients received glasses to treat myopia and hyperopia.
- 199 patients received surgeries to treat cataracts and other eye conditions.
- 75 citizens participated in 3 awareness raising meetings regarding preventative care and eye health.
CEOSS’ Health Programs work to provide preventative interventions and therapeutic interventions to Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized citizens. Many programs sim to develop the capacities of local health institutions through providing equipment, resources, and training. These efforts seek to creath a sustainable long-term health care system that benefits all Egyptians.
- 1431 hepatitis C patients were identified and began threatment.
- 714 patients with osteoporosis received specialized treatments through convoys conducted in partnership with the Ministry of Health.
- 44 Children were examined and treated for malnutrition and malnutrition related diseases.
- 38 new mothers received care during their pregnancies and were able to deliver their children in safe, sanitary medical facilities.