The objectives of the agricultural programs
The agricultural programs aims to improve the living quality of the life for small farmers, breeders and fishermen through the development of the rural areas and enable them to the investment of the resources and the available expertise to reach the social, environmental and economic competitive advantage and this is done through the following: –
- Enabling these farmers, breeders and fishermen to work in groups and associations and entities exercises the democracy in selecting who represent then in front of the private sector companies and the government agencies
- Claiming their rights through the adoption of issues that concern this category
- Linking them to the most profitable markets through the application of value-added methodology
- Empowering the groups, the communities and the marginalized areas through the application of the rights development approach and building bodies with a civilian membership and elected committees and empower them to design and implement developmental patterns and signing partnership contracts with the government, the private sector, the media institutions and the research centers.
- Using the available and possible market opportunities beside the social responsibility of the private sector companies for the benefit of the poor people
- Promoting gender equality and the empowerment of marginalized women to obtain their rights and their opportunities
- Application of the regional approach
- Application of the conditional incentives approach
Points distinguish the agricultural programs of the Evangelical Organization
The existence of a set of basic pillars that characterize the work of the organization and these pillars support the continuity and the excellence of our work communities
The agricultural programs targets the poor livestock and poultry breeders and fishermen and small farmers who owns or renting three feddans or less which represent 85% of the farmers in Egypt as this segment work under social and economic conditions does not allow the provision of material return that guarantee for them a dignified life.
Expansion and spreading
As the agricultural programs work in 3 governorates (Al Minya – Beni Suef – Qalyubiya) with a broad base of the targeted with the number of 14,000 small farmers in the number of 80 villages
Organizing the small farmers in associations and official organizations that adopt their issues
The most important characteristic of the agricultural programs is the community organization of farmers in an official form. Through working on the conversion of the farmer from the individual work to collective work represented in the peasant organizations that defend the rights. And what distinguishes this organization is the logical and gradual sequence in the formation of peasant organizations starting from organizing the peasants in the form of an entity passing through the election of a representative committee and escalating to the governorate level finishing by searching in ensuring the continuity through registering and publicize the number of 3 cooperative societies in the work governorates
The partnership between the parties concerned on the different levels:
Cooperation and coordination with the concerned parties since the beginning of the planning represents one of the most important factors that motivated many partners from government and private institutions and the private sector to participate in providing additional services and resources for the benefit of the targeted groups also, the institutionalization of the relationship is important in the communication process and contributes in supporting its continuity.
Capacity building of partners (civil associations – peasant organizations – government entities) in all phases of work is important and is planned early and the interventions are designed based on the actual performance gaps so that they can carry out their roles during the different phases of the programs and continuity
The participation of women and its effectiveness
Activating the participation of women from the advantages of the agricultural programs that have helped transforming the women from the situation of the recipients and passive to efficient cadres and productive in the agricultural process and its will. Women have existed in the elected committees and subcommittees and as members in the peasant organizations.