CEOSS, an Egyptian development organization headquartered in Cairo, Egypt, is dedicated to social and cultural development, individual well-being, social justice and inter-cultural harmony. It delivers its services regardless of gender, race, religion, or beliefs. CEOSS reaches out to more than 2 million Egyptians annually in more than 100 rural and urban communities.
As an active voice promoting pluralism and mutual respect in an Egyptian context, CEOSS encourages the participation of Egyptians from all segments of society—Muslim and Christian, rich and poor, educated and uneducated, powerful and powerless—to work together toward common goals.
The mission of CEOSS is to promote the sanctity, equity, and harmony of life. It seeks to contribute to the transformation of society by nurturing moral and spiritual awareness, enhancing a sense of belonging, promoting respect for diversity, addressing conflict, and advancing social justice for individuals and communities.
- Our Areas of Intervention:
- Poverty alleviation programs among local and impoverished groups
- Community rehabilitation programs for people with disabilities
- Enhancing quality of education and vocational training
- Environmental care and agricultural projects
- Curative and preventive health care programs
- Institutional capacity building for better performance
- Promotion of good governance and gender equality among public and civil society institutions
- Enhancing small and microenterprises among poor individuals and groups
- Increasing mutual acceptance, understanding and mutual respect among different groups of society
- Increasing understanding among policy makers, media representatives, governmental officials about the concerns of poor people
- Mobilizing communities towards regional peace building
Encouraging advocacy and networking for peace building