The program aims at enabling the children to obtain their rights through interventions that build their capacities to claim their rights, guaranteed by the law.
During September, CEOSS conducted a meeting with 30 workshops’ owners; the meeting aimed at identifying CEOSS program, its objectives and framework, through:
- 3 preliminary meetings were conducted to identify the project, its objectives and vision) with the participation of 155 working children of Shobra El-Khema and Beni-Suef communities.
- A working children committee was restructured with 7 males and 4 females at Shobra El-Khema.
- 2 committees of children were elected with the participation of 70 children to form the responsible committee for the project at Shubra El-Khema and Beni-suef
- 199 children were protected from dropping out from schools through providing them with the school uniform and stationary
- A workshop was conducted to empower and raise the awareness of officials about education rights and laws, with the participation of 25 officials from the education department at Shubra El-Khema
- Raising awareness meeting on the importance of education and the laws related to children and their families was held with the participation of 40 children and their families at Shubra El-Khema.
- A street child was integrated/adopted by a family
- 2 drawing workshops were conducted where 26 street children participated.
- 35 street children participated in sports competitions
- 27 street children were medically examined where 19 children were provided with medicine and 2 child were referred to governmental hospitals
- 10 working children joined 4 governmental institutions
- A camp to exchange experiences between the candidates and the children committee was conducted at EL-Slam City where 21 working children participated
- A Meeting was held for the working children committee and officials of education at El-Slam City
- 38 children and their families participated in an awareness raising meeting about education services provided to children at El-Salam City
- Opening of literacy class for 23 girls.