Persons with disabilities suffer from difficult conditions in the Egyptian society that eventually led to their isolation, marginalization. One of the main factors that guarantee persons with disabilities integration into society is the accessibility of the environment; without an adapted environment for the transportation and movement of persons with disabilities, their integration in education or social activities cannot be ensured. The availability of assistive mobile devices is the basic criterion to ensure persons with disabilities’ movement and living. Also without rehabilitation and vocational training and employment opportunities, they can never become financially independent.
During July, the following was implemented
- 16 seminars for persons with disabilities were conducted to raise their awareness of their economic rights especially those related to the Egyptian labor law, requirements of labor market, and vocational training.
- Through the Constructional Adaptation workshop, the program succeeded in the completion of adaptation works at Bonbar Health Unit and Social Affairs Administration office at Shobra EL-Khema that serve over 6,000 citizens monthly including over 20-40% people with disabilities and elders as follows:
- 10 persons with disabilities were empowered in getting different job opportunities in private sector institutions.
- 15 girls with disabilities were provided with a vocational training and completed specialized training in hairdressing.
- 3 campaigns for repairing prosthetic devices were conducted by via CEOSS mobile unit, 31 persons with disabilities benefited from these campaigns.