“Combating the worst forms of child labor” project:
This project aims to improve the quality of life for children at risk and enabling them to get their education, health and recreation rights as wel
l as the right for a safe working environment. CEOSS always seeks to reach the best interest of children through implementing educational, economic and awareness raising interventions to increase income and to prevent children from escaping from education and engaging in the labor market.
During August, CEOSS continued implementing activities of “combating the worst forms of child labor in agriculture in Minia” project through economic empowerment and increasing income for families where food was distributed among 1080 children (183 Males – 897 Females) with a total of 1 ton of Flour- Oil- Rice- Biscuits.
“Protection of children at risk” project:
The project aims to improve the quality of life for children at risk (street and working children) and enabling them to get their education and health rights, through enabling 5 elected children committees and families of children at risk to implement concrete models of advocacy, and strengthen the institutional capacity of 9 public institutions, 5 local associations and 5 elected committees of the children to enhance their performance and meet their obligations towards the children at risk and their families , in addition to conducting local public and private initiatives that will lead to enhancing education and health services.
Activities achieved for the children at risk and their families to monitor the problems/difficulties they face and enhance their access to their rights through:
- Provision of knowledge and information right for the children through conducting a visit to the Citadel for 8 street children to make them aware of the most important landmarks of their country
- Provision of the children’s rights in playing and recreation through conducting 2 trips for 18 street children and 47 working children
- 41 street children were provided with medical services through the provision of medical examination and treatment for 27 of them and transferring 2 children to Government hospitals for treatment
- Provision of the knowledge and information right through creating a new mechanism to receive the complains and monitor the violations against the children through a hotline to receive complains 24/7 available in 6 Government organizations at El-Slam city, also making banner illustrating the services and how to contact them
- A round table for the working children committee attended by the occupational health and safety officials and El-Slam region officials to display the problems facing the children in their working areas that lead to installation of 3 signs at El-slam city illustrating the services provided by the medical department for the working children
- 5 awareness meetings to spread the information and services provided to children and their families in the field of health with the participation of 184 working children and their families at El-slam City