A number of achievements were implemented this month through the project of “Employment through Technology” that is being implemented by the Coptic Evangelical Organization for Social Services (CEOSS). The project aims at employing youth and admitting them into the labour market through qualifying them and raising their capacities and skills in order to be able to find suitable and decent job opportunities;
- Supporting 9 computer centers by providing them with equipment that help them in performing their roles in a distinguished and high quality manner.
- The Souqtel service (a mobile phone messaging service) has been activated and 11426 young men and women have been registered on it as well as 1072 companies with job openings so that the data can be accessed by both groups (young people and companies)
- 84 young people have been recruited through the Souqtel service by connecting registered data.
- Participating in the employment fair organized by the Egyptian Association for Educational Resources (E-Era) in which 15 companies and 100 young people participated to find out available jobs.
- 3 events have been organized to present the achievements of the project to partners in Minia, Beni-Suef, and Cairo. These were attended by 680 partners and beneficiaries of the project (young men and women, executive leaders, the private sector, media professionals …)