First: Education is power Initiative :
Education is Power Initiative aims at educating the illiterate and improving their educational status. This can be highly reflected upon the various political, social and economic aspects of life. The initiative aims at teaching 50,000 illiterate how to read and write in Minia, Beni Suef, Cairo, Giza and Qalubeyia . Work was implemented in cooperation with 50 community based organizations and a number of companies.
During this month the following was implemented:
- Organized a meeting which was attended by representatives of Vodafone, Rotary and CEOSS. The meeting discussed the most important achievements during the previous period, the difficulties and challenges that confronted them and how to overcome these difficulties.
- A meeting was held between the director of the General Authority for Literacy and Adult Education, representatives of Rotary and CEOSS. They discussed the items of the cooperation protocol between the concerned parties and how to register the students’ names to the database of the General Authority for Literacy and Adult Education.
- Another meeting was held at the level of the project to discuss what has been implemented from the activities during the previous period in addition to the work criteria for the coming period.
Second: the Project of developing the poor and marginalized communities, Enhancing the small initiatives and Empowering the civil society organizations (Civil education component):
The project seeks to improve the quality of life at the poor and marginalized communities through supporting small initiatives and empowering the local community development associations in order to activate their role in achieving the cultural, economic and social development.
- Protected 461 students (190 males and 217 females) against dropping out of schools. They were given school fees and were included in protection activities.
- 475 students at the project partner schools accomplished the Child Club.