First: Eye Program
The program carried out a checkup and early detection campaign at a wider geographical range in Beni Suef, Cairo and Qualiobya using three mobile units, where 36,921 cases of the most vulnerable persons to eye diseases were examined, especially women and school children besides providing post-diagnostic services, in addition to referring the cases requiring advanced ophthalmology examinations to the communities’ hospitals, including our partners’ such as Magrabi hospitals, Minia ophthalmology hospital, Horus hospital and the private sector, in particular optics stores. The interventions were as follow:-
- 36,921 persons examined (women, children and men).
- Medicine was provided to 2,632 individual
- Correction of defects of vision through providing 696 glasses sponsored by the private sector.
- Surgical interventions for 119 cases including 8 junior operations and 111 cataract.
- 41 meeting for awareness raising were carried out, attended by 2,277 of citizens on the causes of eye diseases and prevention ways, as well as the health rights available regarding ophthalmology, especially for school children, guaranteed by national health insurance .
Second : health program
Health program seek to improve the quality of life for the poorest and marginalized persons, particularly in public health issues in order to empower citizens to access their health rights at the public health institutions as well as provision of check-up and examination services for the neediest cases in the areas of work for women and children. in addition, CEOSS works on making use of private sector resources, coordination and integration with some public health institutions and health service providers from hospitals and institutes as following:
- Providing tests of viral diseases, especially liver and child anemia, for 590 cases including 35 cases of viral liver diseases and transferred the infected cases – in particular of those outside the umbrella of health insurance.
- Providing follow-up services to 60 pregnant women, as well as an access to maternity and childhood centers to secure their childbirth.
- Providing follow-up services and medicine to 144 child infected by malnutrition diseases, beside providing counseling and education for families of children through awareness raising meetings.
- Providing examination and treatment for 198 cases in the different specialties of bones and osteoporosis and breast tumors.
- Carried out four awareness-raising meetings attended by 177 citizens (Men and Women) on public health diseases and malnutrition diseases and ways of prevention.