First: Health Programs:
Health programs work to reduce the mortality rates of children and pregnant women complying with the Millennium development goals and works with women and children especially in rural and marginalized regions suffering from lack of health services
- Inspection and periodic follow up for 748 pre-school children of anemia and malnutrition
- 64 pregnant ladies were pursued including counseling advices and checking the growing of the fetus
- 9 awareness sessions about the reproductive health, contagious diseases on summer and the main precautions with the participation of 481 mothers and pregnant ladies
- 1656 persons were examined via a convoy was conducted for 2 days at Beny Ghany community whereby medicine was distributed among 1610 cases and referring 53 cases to specialists.
Second: Eye Programs:
CEOSS works to reduce causes of blindness through activating “Right for Sight 2020” initiative by achieving its strategies via the screening and examination.
The following took place through the implementation of Eye programs plan using CEOSS mobile units:
- 1487 cases were examined from the most vulnerable citizens including 60% women
- 513 cases were examined, 86 cases of visual defects of Myopia and Hyperopia were corrected by medical glasses and medicine was distributed to 663 cases
- Surgeries for cataract were made for 37 cases to reduce the causes of blindness through Horus Hospital.
- Through “Eye Health” project financed by BMZ for eye care and activation of referral systems between health units and Ophthalmology hospitals, a coordination with the Department of ophthalmology in the Ministry of Health agreed on designing a model to be applied in the Ministry of Health in 10 communities to receive cases transferred from the health units.