The health programs of the Voices of the People Project in Minia Governorate carried out pre martial check-up for those who were about to get married in order to promote their social, cultural, mental and physical health in terms of the project advocacy issue and activating the decree number 338 on 2007 and the decree 337 on 2011. The project aimed at preparing a work document and presenting it on the public opinion and the community on the importance of undergoing this pre-marital check-up, and hence reaching a community devoid of any diseases. It shouldn’t be a mere deactivated decree at the public institutions for the young people to accomplish their files before getting married. Thus, the CBOs cluster, the citizens and the project elected committees adopted this decree with a working group from the Ministry of Health and a consultant on developing executive regulation. They worked to provide a work paper and it included the analysis of three components (service, its accessibility and quality, their efficiency and the required procedures to implement this service)
A number of participatory sessions were organized to prepare this paper and the following parties took part in analysing the paper:
– CEOSS team working in the project.
– Religious men, local mass media, board members of the partner CBOs and the elected committees.
– People from public institutions and those interested and concerned from the civil society in this component:
- General Director of the Disability Administration in the Ministry of Health.
- Representative of the Childhood and Motherhood Administration in the Ministry of Health.
- Deputy Manager of the Childhood and Motherhood Administration in the Minia Health Directorate.
- The reproductive health consultant at Care International Organization.
- Representatives of the National Network for the reproductive health rights.
By the end of these participatory sessions, they produced a preliminary draft to be presented upon the public opinion and the concerned entities during this period.