The housing and environment program aims at empowering the poor and marginalized families to find a safe, environmental and healthy habitation, in addition to improve the environmental conditions of the partner local communities. During this month the following was achieved:
- Built the capacities of the partner housing project committee members in 11 communities on the various stages of implementing the project.
- Continued the implementation of the housing program stages in 11 partner communities in order to reach the needy groups and select the families without any distinction or discrimination. First the submitted requests were collected and a primary filtering was implemented. Then, a field visit was conducted to those houses. The number of studied houses was 260 of which 249 houses were selected matching the program criteria.
- Granted loans for 293 new families in order to improve their health and environmental conditions through (the demolition and construction of new houses, renovations inside old houses as well as repairing and restoring operations). The total amount of disbursed loans reached 1467500 EGP in December 2014.
- Implemented 26 environmental models in order to improve the health and environmental conditions of the poor families at the local communities.
- Trained and built the capacities of 34 people of the partner elected committee members, the partner CBOs board of directors and the public institutions officials such as the environment officials at the local unit and representatives of the health units in 10 project partner communities, El Fashin City Council, Minia City Council and the general cabinet of the Minia Governorate. They were mainly concerned with the issue and the environmental problems. They were empowered to identify the concepts of environmental pollution and the resulting eye diseases.