CEOSS’ Agriculture programs, as part of the local development unit, aim to improve the quality of life of small farmers, breeders, and fishermen in the governorates of Minya, Beni Suif, and Qalubyia. Through the development of rural areas and the empowerment of small farmers, breeders, and fishermen, communities are able to achieve positive social change, environmental standards, and build stronger societies.
- 423 small farmers joined local small farmers’ associations
- 157 women started agricultural initiatives, including raising chickens, milk separating, breeding cattle and goats, and selling fruits and vegetables.
- 2,365 small farmers had their awareness raised regarding positive agricultural practices.
- 12 technical support visits were carried out by research centers and universities to help small farmers and small farmers’ associations.
- 274 members of the technical cadre participated in trainings to develop technical support skills.
- 324 breeders benefited from a veterinary care campaign implemented in cooperation with the Veterinary Service Authority.