CEOSS’ Agriculture programs, as part of the local development unit, aim to improve the quality of life of small farmers, breeders, and fishermen in the governorates of Minya, Beni Suif, and Qalubyia. Through the development of rural areas and the empowerment of small farmers, breeders, and fishermen, communities are able to achieve positive social change, environmental standards, and build stronger societies.
- 2193 people (1418 men and 775 women) have joined local farmers’ associations to represent and organize the agriculture sector in their communities.
- 212 women started agriculture projects in their communities including bird breeding, milk sorting, goat and sheep breeding, and selling vegetables and fruits.
- 3765 small farmers (2905 men and 860 women) had their awareness raised about sustainable agricultural practices and marketing their crops.
- 130 new cadre (118 men and 12 women) were trained to address technical issues.
- 42 families received livestock.