CEOSS’ Children at Risk Program aims to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children and their families in some of Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized communities. Initiatives as part of this project are implemented by public, private, local, and national organizations in order to improve the lives of children at risk and educate them about their rights. Current initiatives include reaching children about their rights and making positive contributions to society, helping vulnerable children have access to education, providing health services for the children and their families, and building the capacities of government and non-government institutions to better serve these children.
- 62 working children (27 boys and 35 girls) participated in programming to learn about their rights.
- 25 children participated in the children’s club. Their awareness was raised about their rights, including health and education.
- 30 businessmen in the village of Tala had their capacities built to protect the rights of children.
- 62 working children participated in sports camps.
- 10 families of working children had their awareness raised regarding the children’s rights.
- 50 children who had stopped going to school returned to school and participated in after school tutoring sessions.
- 60 children at rick participated in a campaign to learn about maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- 3 street children joined rehabilitation programs.
- 15 street children participated in an awareness raising meeting to earn about their rights and opportunities.
- 60 working children received vocational training to work in sate environments.
- 2 cooperation protocols were signed between local elected committees and government institutions.