CEOSS’ Children at Risk Program aims to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children and their families in some of Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized communities. Initiatives as part of this project are implemented by public, private, local, and national organizations in order to improve the lives of children at risk and educate them about their rights. Current initiatives include reaching children about their rights and making positive contributions to society, helping vulnerable children have access to education, providing health services for the children and their families, and building the capacities of government and non-government institutions to better serve these children.
- 30 working children benefited from interventions.
- 10 of these children’s families qualified for and received social guarantee pensions.
- 12 of these children were enrolled in community education courses.
- 18 of these children were removed from situations where they were victims of violence.
- 250 children at risk and their families took part in a Children’s Day Festival that was held in cooperation eith the Childhood Cultural Center and McDonald’s restaurants.
- 28 working children received medical examinations.