CEOSS’ Children at Risk Program aims to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children and their families in some of Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized communities. Initiatives as part of this project are implemented by public, private, local, and national organizations in order to improve the lives of children at risk and educate them about their rights. Current initiatives include reaching children about their rights and making positive contributions to society, helping vulnerable children have access to education, providing health services for the children and their families, and building the capacities of government and non-government institutions to better serve these children.
- 100 working children received safety equipment to protect their health and safety in their work.
- 22 working children were removed from hazardous jobs and received vocational training to work in safer jobs to support their families.
- 221 working children and their family members benefited from medical examinations.
- 37 workshops that often employ childrn were outfitted with supplies to protect the children as they work.
- 30 children received national identification cards in order to enroll in school.