The general objective of the program
Contributing in securing a better life for working children and street children and their families as well as creating a protectionist environment for them, which in turn ensure the preservation of the humanity and dignity and childhood of these children and reduce the impact of poverty on them and their vulnerability to exploitation and physical, psychological and sexual abuse
The Special objectives
- Protecting the children at risk of engaging in the work of the labor market.
- Improving the conditions for the working children by enabling them to obtain the right of education, health and entertainment… etc.
- Providing protection for the working children by improving the work environment through the safety equipment and the application of safety characteristics of the crafts
- The conversion of working children in dangerous crafts to a safer crafts through a transformational vocational training.
- Empowering the working children to organize themselves in committees and networks to advocate for the rights of working children
- Economic empowerment of working children and their families through loans, vocational training, employment, obtaining services from government entities
- The protection of children vulnerable to the involvement in the life of the street
- Improving the status and the situation of street children through the provision of educational, health, and entertainment activities as well as to integrate them into their families.
The specialized work strategies of the program
- Development strategy based on the rights, which include the following inputs: –
- Partnership with government institutions
- Partnership with the private sector
- Building the capacity of partner parties
- Empowering the citizens
- Advocacy to the issues of the working children