CEOSS held a closing ceremony for the project of Combating Poverty through Capacity Building that was attended by 350 participants from the project local communities and 8 CBOs. They shared the most important achievements during the project period that lasted for 3 years. Among these achievements were:
– Electing three committees from young men and women who were responsible for running the project.
– 4894 young men and women benefited from the awareness programs that were implemented during the project period.
– Training and improving the skills of 1526 young men and women on various vocations and empowered them to enter the labor market.
– Employing 2176 young men and women and provided them with constant source of income to improve their living conditions.
– Employing 80 people with hearing disabilities at one of the factories. The factory provided a sign language translator to help them in performing their job (a translator for every 10 workers).
The project key partners are:
– The High Council for the Social Service (Helwan University)
– The Youth Recruitment Agency
– The undersecretary of the Ministry of Social Solidarity in Cairo in addition to the directorates of the Social Solidarity in Dar El Salam, El Basateen and Misr El Qadima.
– The various visual and audio mass media.
– The private sector
– The specialized training centers.