|The project||A brief summary about the project|
|The Housing Project financed by Habitat||The objective of the project : It is to enable the poor and marginalized families to obtain a healthy, environmental and safe home
Subsidiary objectives for the Project :
· Working on developing and building the capacities of local leaders at the partner committees to lead the work at the housing project through a local committee managing the project.
· Reaching the needy categories through choosing families without distinguishing or discrimination according to the specified criteria.
· Reconstructing and renovating the houses of the low income families through several interventions such as ( demolishing and building the old houses- Building a wooden ceiling – building a concrete ceiling -implementing painting works, implementing conch works – connecting water – plugging in drainage… ) and that is through rotating loans
· Preserving the rotating capital within the society so that most of the beneficiaries within the working communities can profit from it.
· Paving the way for those who are able to help those who are unable to build their homes.
Districts where the program is implemented :
· El Minya governorate in the communities ( Bani Mohamed Shaarawy- Tala – Qalousna -Al Gazaer – Al Amoudin- Taha – Al Tiba – Shousha.)
· Beni Suef governorate in the communities (Al Sakakreya – Monshaat Nasser – Gaafar – Monshaat Al Sadat – Geziret Beba –Snour).
· Cairo governorate in the communities (Al Metemedeya – Dar Essalam.)
The project serves around 1000 families annually through rotating loans and that is to enable them improve the health and environmental conditions for their homes through several interventions such as (demolishing and building the old houses- Building a wooden ceiling – building a concrete ceiling- implementing painting works, implementing conch works – connecting water – plugging in drainage- installing doors and windows ……… ) The project also annually serves 7 % of the targeted number of the poorest families who are unable to obtain loans and that is through mobilizing the resources of the community and through the contribution of the private sector.