CEOSS’ Economic Development Program aims to improve the quality of life of all Egyptians, particularly Egyptians in the most vulnerable and marginalized communities. The initiatives and projects that make up the Economic Development Program work to empower women, youth, people with disabilities, and children at risk. This program uses sustainable and responsible development practices in combination with strong partnerships with local communities to provide economic opportunities and training to those in greatest need.
- 155 young people (131 women, 24 men) received management training to help them be competitive in the job market. This training included:
- sales and marketing
- feasibility studies and small project management
- soft skills
- clerical and computer skills
- 110 people (90 women, 10 men) found employment as a result of training sessions and networking opportunities.
- 50 young men had their awareness raised regarding the use of technology in finding jobs through the website Beehive.
- 11 members of elected committees had their capacities built related to communication skills and team work.