The Knowledge is Power Initiative
In partnership with Vodafone Egypt Foundation for Community Development, CEOSS developed educational methods in 25 schools in Sohag through the implementation of an integrated package of interventions provided effective models, educational practices, and helped eradicate illiteracy.
- 38 principles and assistant principles received training in modern educational and leadership practices.
- 564 teachers received training in educational methodology and active learning techniques.
- 43 activity teachers received hands on training.
- Specialists conducted field visits to train teachers in arts and music education, identify students that would be successful in arts and music programs, and provide equipment for these students.
- Specialists conducted sports days to encourage students to be active and supplement classroom education.
- A study was conducted to examine the infrastructure of schools to identify safety and environmental concerns.
- Sports equipment was provided to equip 25 playing fields.
- Medical convoys were carried out to provide preventative medical examinations to students.