CEOSS’ eye programs seeks to provide quality eye care to the poorest and most marginalized Egyptians.The absence of public preventative care programs led CEOSS to implement preventative care education programs, eye care interventions, examinations, and medical treatment. Eye care programs prioritize preventing eye diseases that lead to blindness, as well as identifying and treating conjunctivitis.
- 2894 patients received eye examinations.
- 441 patients received glasses to correct myopia and hypertropia.
- 79 patients received surgeries for cataracts and other identified conditions.
- 42 patients received additional care through CEOSS’ referral system.
- 437 mothers and children had their awareness raised regarding preventative care and eye health through 17 workshops.
CEOSS’ Health Programs work to provide preventative interventions and therapeutic interventions to Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized citizens. Many programs sim to develop the capacities of local health institutions through providing equipment, resources, and training. These efforts seek to create a sustainable long-term health care system that benefits all Egyptians.
- 680 patients received medical examinations.
- 460 of these patients were prescribed and given medication for identified conditions.
- 6 female patients in Heqr El Sakaking received family planning services the the mobile health unit.
- 101 women had their awareness raised regarding childhood health and nutrition.
- 18 new mothers had access to safe, sanitary medical facilities to deliver their children.