CEOSS’ eye programs seeks to provide quality eye care to the poorest and most marginalized Egyptians.The absence of public preventative care programs led CEOSS to implement preventative care education programs, eye care interventions, examinations, and medical treatment. Eye care programs prioritize preventing eye diseases that lead to blindness, as well as identifying and treating conjunctivitis.
- 1328 patients received eye examinations.
- 62 patients received glasses for myopia and hyperopia.
- 46 patients received surgeries for cataracts.
- 162 patients were treated for conjunctivitis.
- a committee has been formed of 25 community members from Minya, Beni Suef, and Fayoum. This committee will work to advocate for the eye health of marginalized Egyptians.
CEOSS’ Health Programs work to provide preventative interventions and therapeutic interventions to Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized citizens. Many programs sim to develop the capacities of local health institutions through providing equipment, resources, and training. These efforts seek to creath a sustainable long-term health care system that benefits all Egyptians.
- 1516 patients received medical examinations.
- 897 of these patients were treated for identified conditions.
- 303 patients were referred to specialists through CEOSS’ referral system.
- 307 citizens and local media outlets participated in 4 awareness raising trainings regarding preventative care and early detection of breast cancer and Hepatitis C.
- 167 children received medical examinations aiming to prevent malnutrition and malnutrition related diseases.
- 97 mothers with young children participated in 4 nutrition classes to address issues of early childhood malnutrition.
- 94 women benefited from access to family planning services.
- 26 directors of medical programs, facilities, and health care units participated in two training sessions to to develop their skills to manage health care related projects more effectively.
- 564 citizens participated in 14 awareness raising seminars addressing reproductive health.
- 1 local health unit received modern equipment and training to help provide top quality services to the community it serves.