First: Eye Programs
CEOSS’ eye programs seeks to provide quality eye care to the poorest and most marginalized Egyptians.The absence of public preventative care programs led CEOSS to implement preventative care education programs, eye care interventions, examinations, and medical treatment. Eye care programs prioritize preventing eye diseases that lead to blindness, as well as identifying and treating conjunctivitis.
- 1,568 patients received eye examinations.
- 152 patients received glasses to treat myopia and hyperopia.
- 41 patients received cataract surgeries.
- 1 patient received a minor eye surgery.
- 175 patients were treated for conjunctivitis.
- 255 children participated in 8 workshops to learn about eye health and preventative care.
Second: Health Programs
CEOSS’ Health Programs work to provide preventative interventions and therapeutic interventions to Egypt’s poorest and most marginalized citizens. Many programs sim to develop the capacities of local health institutions through providing equipment, resources, and training. These efforts seek to creath a sustainable long-term health care system that benefits all Egyptians.
- 336 patients received medical examinations.
- 310 of those patients received some form of medical treatment.
- 140 citizens and local media outlets participated in 4 awareness raising meetings as part of media campaign to raise the awareness of the general public about rights to health care, particularly for women and children.
- 304 children received medical examinations for malnutrition and malnutrition related diseases.
- 137 children were treated for malnutrition related diseases.
- 383 mothers with young children participated in 12 classes addressing early childhood nutrition.
- 208 adolescents participated in 12 sexual education classes, 92 have completed the course to date.
- 108 women benefited from medical care during their pregnancies.
- 41 individuals visited the health unit to receive other forms of treatments.
- Equipment was provided to the health unit to help medical professionals provide quality care.