Horus Hospital’s efforts aim to provide high quality operations to eye patients in Minia and other governorates. CEOSS’ belief that civil society organizations must play a role in combating poverty and helping the poor access their rights has led to CEOSS’ partnership with the Egyptian Healing Bank Association.
August Intervention Achievements
- Provided medical examinations for 1,347 patients (1090 conjunctivitis and 257 internal medicine).
- Implemented interventions that eliminate the need to travel to Cairo and reduce costs for patients. Interventions were as follow:
- Conducted 127 major operations to treat cataracts, glaucoma, eyelids limpness, strabismus or squinting, artificial eye implants, lachrymal canal cleaning, patching and lens transplants, and eye injections with textured Alavastin and Allosinc.
- Conducted 25 minor operations to treat grains, greasy bag, and normal apterygial.
- The mobile unit works to detect blindness early in impoverished areas. 38 convoys were implemented in different governorates as follows:
- 1973 patients benefited from 26 convoys in different villages and centers of Minia.
- 550 patients benefited from 12 convoys in greater Cairo.