The Environment and Housing Program aims to enable poor and marginalized families to live in healthy, safe homes. The program utilizes multiple interventions and approaches to benefit a broad spectrum of the populations in different working areas. These interventions include advocacy and capacity building with local leaders, building and renovation of homes, working to keep rotating capital in working communities to increase the number of beneficiaries, and creating paths for the financially disenfranchised to have access to better housing. All of the interventions within the program adhere to a beneficiary selection process that seeks to benefit those with the greatest need without discrimination.
- Members of partner committees in the 11 working areas had their capacities built regarding effectively and efficiently implementing the project.
- 235 houses were inspected and 212 of them were selected for improvements in the coming months.
- 194 families completed the term of their loans and finished the environment and safety renovations on their houses.
- A celebration was held in Beni Suef for World Environment day. The celebration focused on environmental improvements made in the village of El Kom El Ahmar and participants and sponsors included government entities, representatives of the city of Beni Suef, the Environmental Affairs Agency, the Department of Agriculture, the Nile Centre for Media, and the Coca-Cola Company.
- A celebration of the World Environment Day was held in Minya in cooperation with Minya University and the Directorate of Health.