The environment program seeks to improve the ability of poor and marginalized communities to monitor and analyze their environmental problems and to implement local initiatives concerned with finding solutions for these problems.
- A social empowerment conference was held at Ezbet El Nasr and El Waraq to discuss climate change.
- 42 children (40 girls and 2 boys) attended a seminar to learn about climate change and global warming.
- 40 children joined two clubs to continue to learn about the environment and work to stop climate change.
- 40 women joined two women’s clubs to address climate change in their communities.
- 17 people (10 women and 7 men) had their capacities raised related to advocacy; topics included lobbying, advocacy campaign development, concepts of advocacy, the relationship between advocacy and development, and parties concerned with advocacy issues.
- 110 families in Abyoha, Minia joined the solid waste removal program to have their waste removed in an environmentally friendly fashion.
- Members of 11 partner communities had their capacities built to implement their projects effectively; topics included collecting requests, filtering requests, conducting home studies, and providing payment.
- Field visits were conducted on 120 homes, and 106 of those homes met the criteria to be renovated through the housing program.