The Rehabilitation program seeks to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities through empowering them and providing rehabilitation services. the ultimate goal of integrating people with disabilities into society completely can be achieved through rehabilitation, increased accessibility of communities, and working with the larger community to be accepting of people with disabilities.
- 25 people with disabilities received rehabilitation cards to help them have access to needed services.
- 10 teachers from 3 schools (Zaki Mubarak, Ahmed Orabi, and Alfarnawani in Shobra El Kheima) had their capacities built regarding modern education practices and teaching children with disabilities.
- 14 representatives of partner organizations participated in a meeting in Beni Suef to discuss coordinated plans and initiatives to provide services and support for people with disabilities. Participants included representatives from the Youth and Sports Directorate, the Administration of Special Education, the Health Directorate, and the Administration of Social Rehabilitation.
- 34 families and children participate in an awareness raising meeting in Beni Suef to learn how to communicate with and be accepting of people with disabilities.
- A partnership contract was signed with Enactus Enterprise, an affiliate of Beni Suef University, to teach craftsman skills to youth with disabilities.
- Program staff began the process of developing a network of NGOs and activists in the Minya Area who specialize in working with people with disabilities.
- 400 participants were identified to participate in a sports festival held in cooperation with the Minya governorate and the undersecretary of the Ministry og Youth and Sports.