The Rehabilitation program seeks to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities through empowering them and providing rehabilitation services. the ultimate goal of integrating people with disabilities into society completely can be achieved through rehabilitation, increased accessibility of communities, and working with the larger community to be accepting of people with disabilities.
- A meeting was held to activate a ministerial decree to integrate students with disabilities into public schools. Attendees included specialists in special education, primary education, health insurance, and school administrators in Beni Suef.
- 2 schools benefited from resources and training to set up Montessori Corners and build the capacities of teachers to work with students with disabilities.
- 2 awareness meetings were held for parents to help integrate students with disabilities into public schools.
- 25 participants completed their rehabilitation and received rehabilitation crtificates in coordination with the Ministry of Social Solidarity.
- A capacity building training was held with nursing staff of the health unit of Bayad El Arab addressing best practices for communicating with people with disabilities.
- The health unit of Bayad El Arab was renovated to include a handicap accessible ramp and restroom.
- 24 employees of the Ministry of Social Solidarity and the Osman Health Center received training in basic sign language to communicate with people with hearing related disabilities.
- 198 children with disabilities participated in specialized rehabilitation programs.
- Al Amal was renovated to prepare the school for deaf and hearing impaired students. specialized furniture and visual notification systems were put in place to allow students with hearing related disabilities to work and learn in a safe environment.
- 9 post office employees received training to be able to communicate with and serve people with disabilities.