The General Objective for the Project:
- To Guarantee an accessible environment for the disabled people so as to facilitate merging them into society.
Areas for Implementing the Project:
- The governorates of greater Cairo ( Cairo/Giza /Qalyoubiya )
Implementing the Project
- Initiating work at the Project: 2012
- Terminating work at the Project : 2015
The project is divided into several subsidiary objectives that it works on achieving.
The First Objective:
The preparation of 12 public associations (companies, authorities and associations that provide governmental services, schools, gardens ….) to enable the disabled people to merge into society.
Results related to the first objective:
- Establishing a workshop for implementing the works of the engineering preparation, which is equipped with all the machinery ,instrument and technically trained labor
- Electing a committee from the disabled people to participate in managing the project.
- Raising the awareness of society with regard to accessibility and engineering preparation issues through conducting 36 seminars and meetings for raising the awareness.
- Implementing the engineering preparation works for the number of 12 public associations so that they would be accessible to be used by the disabled people.
The Second Objective:
A better manner to develop the programs that include merging the disabled people through vocational training and employment.
Results related to the Second objective:
- The establishment and preparation of a mobile office equipped with all the equipments and tools for employment and training services for the disabled people.
- Organizing a number of 36 campaigns for employment at the working communities.
- Raising the awareness of the associations concerned with the employment of disabled people and activating their social responsibility.
- Letting 400 persons from the disabled people join artisanal and vocational training sessions.
- Enabling 200 persons from the disabled people to reach employment opportunities.
The Third Objective:
- Establishing an electronic information network for exchanging information and expertise, communication and coordination among partners.
Results related to the Third objective:
- Establishing a regional portal among four countries accessible to all types of disabled people which contains information regarding the engineering preparation and issues of disability in the partner countries in addition to employment opportunities and the empowerment of disabled womenhttp://www.accessibilityforpwd.org